Friday, July 24, 2015

Christmas in July - Tim Holtz Distress Glitter Wooden Ornaments


It's Christmas in July! I have three ornaments (4 views) for you today. I had some wooden ornaments in my stash from Hobby Lobby. They were light colored wood ready to be embellished. I dreamed of coating them with Tim Holtz products for many months and finally got it done!  


The first two ornaments were colored using spray Distress Stain in Peacock feathers and Picked Raspberry. After it dried, I added wet glue (the bottle has a brush applicator built into the cap) and sprinkled on distress glitter in the corresponding colors. These needed extensive drying time and the glitter does continue to shed as it is handled.

For the third ornament I inked the pine cone with vintage photo distress ink pad and a sponge applicator (guess who had 10 brown fingers after that?) and took the same steps to apply glue and glitter. These pictures don't do it justice. The dark picture is how it really looks, but I took another picture with the flash to show the sparkle and shine. I actually made 2 identical pine cone ornaments. This is the best chunky, shiny yet distressed glitter on the market. Run and get some. you won't be disappointed.


For the rest of the month, I'll share more ornaments I embellished. Please come check them out!



Challenges:

Please follow me on social media and help spread the word about me.
Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Love these wooden Ornaments, they are gorgeous.

    Hugs Abbs xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.