Monday, May 13, 2013

Thank You Card using Get Inky! Stamps


A new challenge is posted to the Get Inky! Challenge blog! This time its a Die Cut challenge. To inspire you and encourage you to join this challenge, I created this thank you bib card. This card also was created for one more reason... but I'll share that later on in the post. Check back for more Design Team member inspiration for this challenge at the Get Inky! Stamps Blog.

Supplies:
  • Cricut Cartridge Florals Embellished -  cut at 2.75" 
  • Bib cards and overlays (variety pack) - The Paper Cut 
  • Martha Stewart scalloped circle layering punch
  • Ink - Hero Arts Neon Dye Ink: neon pink
  • EK success Powder Tool
  • American Crafts ribbon
  • Adhesives - Scotch ATG, Xyron 1" and 5", Zots glue dots, scotch magic tape
  • Tim Holtz tonic scissors
  • Cardstock - Bazzill, DCWV Adhesive, SEI, Recollections
I love the fancy font of the Get Inky! Stamps Sew Sweet Cupcakes stamp set. I used the Thank You stamp. Click the link above to check it out! I thought it was perfect for this project.

Using The Paper Cut bib card (4.25" x 5.5") and matching overlay (3.88" x 4.13") I created the card base. In order to get the scallop circle I used a little trick I learned along the way. I knew I was making a die cut for the card front, so I used a Martha Stewart layering punch where the die cut will sit. To make sure it would fit, I cut it out of paper first and put it against the base cut for the flower. Once the card is put together, no one will be the wiser!!! Maximize your resources folks!

I then placed the scalloped circle on scrap paper and stamped the Thank You stamp with Hero Arts neon pink ink.


When creating multi-layered die cuts, use DCWV adhesive cardstock whenever possible. This flower has 6 layers. It saves a step when the adhesive is already applied. Here's a picture of one of the layers I cut using the same settings used to cut adhesive vinyl. It's called a kiss cut - meaning the cardstock is cut but the liner paper below it is not. When you're ready to layer, peel the cut off of the liner just like a sticker.

When you're dealing with multi-layered die cuts, you may get glue boogers or extra glue overlapping. My sure fire fix for that is to use the EK Success powder tool. Applying powder to the sticky areas removes the stickiness so that the card won't stick to the envelope, etc.



I used the "cheater method" of adding my ribbon bow. Before placing the overlay on the card, I placed a length of American Crafts ribbon (4 3/4") across the card front and taped (with normal tape) the ends on the back of the overlay. I used a second length of ribbon (11") to tie the bow. It saves ribbon and frustration. Give it a try!

Note: because the ribbon is underneath the flower, I applied a glue dot behind each leaf to keep those adhered.

Guess what??? After making one card for the challenge, I decided to make 25 more for my daughter's 2nd grade teacher. She returned to school after an extended absence for breast cancer surgery. She is in remission and we all are so happy that God spared her life and brought her back to us. She is a wonderful teacher! I figured she might have quite a few folks to thank for their help, thoughts, prayers, meals, gifts, etc. and what better way to do so?!  



I made two of each card so I only showed you half of the cards. I changed the ink and ribbon to match. All the ribbon is spring related.



All the children wore team Souders t-shirts the day she returned. It was a love fest!


I hope you enjoyed today's post, will join the Get Inky! Challenge, use some of the techniques I shared and pay it forward with a random act of kindness.

I LOVE COMMENTS!!

La-Vie



2 comments:

  1. I can see the smile on her face. Oh my gosh what a cute design and thanks for sharing the tutorial! By the way I listed you on my blog for the Liebster award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be still my heart?!?! A Liebster Award?!?!? Thank soooooooooo much Papercrafting Princess!!

      I am glad you stopped by today to see my card and to share good news. You're welcome and THANK YOU!! I'm headed over to see what my Liebster Award duties are, LOL. XXX

      La-Vie

      Delete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.