Wednesday, May 22, 2013

HELLO KITTY die cuts - Graduation


More Hello Kitty!! Yesterday I posted all of the specs for this die cut. Click here for the info. Today I wanted to share more tips and tricks. I made 2 die cuts the other day with a black and gold color scheme. As you know, Hello Kitty must be black and white so it was a challenge to differentiate between the black cap and gown versus the black shadow required for a proper Hello Kitty image.

Never fear!! Glittered cardstock to the rescue!! I used it for all 3 colors you see. It was the perfect was to differentiate.


Gold foil cardstock was used behind the pleats, in the hat and for the tassel. It was the first time I even considered bringing in that pop of color. I love the result!! One die cut was added to a keepsake box so I made the black layer out of chipboard and cut the same image (flipped) out of wonder tape (double-sided sheets of the red tape we all know and love!) so that it would adhere well.


When I neglected to get it just right on the die cut I used my fav new fussy cut scissors to neaten things up. Worked like a charm... The red layer is still on and can be peeled when ready.



Here they are!! Aren't they just darling?? I love Hello Kitty!


La-Vie

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time, today i find it finally. this post give me lots of advise it is very useful for me. die struck pins

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.