Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Get Inky! Challenge 3: Fabulous Floral Fun


This is officially my first post as a design team member for Get Inky! Stamps by Blue Moon Creation! I'm so excited! I've been learning a lot and having fun already!!! Thia Gielow is the owner/creative designer of Get Inky! Stamps which offers super cute photopolymer and digital stamps. Check them out! It's definitely worth a look see...

As you know, my favorite thing lately has been competing in challenges. Well it's your turn now! The current Get Inky! Stamps challenge is Fabulous Floral Fun - use flowers in your project. The prizes are awesome!!


Supplies:
  • Stamps - Get Inky! Stamps: Buzzing Bees, Joyful Jar Drinks, Sew Sweet Cupcakes
  • card - DCWV
  • yellow layer - Recollections, embossed in the Anna Griffin Cuttlebug with Sizzix: Tim Holtz Alterations - honeycomb
  • white layer - Recollections
  • hybrid Ink - Perfect little black dress, Clear and Simple Stamps
  • Copic Markers - .05 multiliner black, Bee: Y06, 100, Stem: G07, Flower: R81, R83, R85, R20, colorless blender 0
  • Creative Memories corner rounder
  • ribbon from my stash
  • adhesives - Scotch ATG, painter's tape

I really let my creativity fly on this one to inspire and entice you! Get Inky! Stamps offers flowers in both physical and digital form but I wanted to show you how to get more out of the stamps by creating my own flower. The stamps I used were the bow in the Joyful Jar Drinks set and the curved ribbon in the Sew Sweet Cupcakes set. Both the bee and the sentiment came from the Buzzing Bees set (see below). 





In order to make the center of the flower, I masked off the other parts of the bow with painter's tape. Once I inked it up, I removed the tape and stamped my image.


Next, I masked off everything but the right side of the bow including some of the circle part to ensure continuity.

Using the same tape over and over, I re-inked the same petal and made my way around the circle.


Depending on how closely you stamp the petals you may need to apply a mask to the stamped image to make sure the last petal doesn't overlap. I find the new post it notes that are sticky over the entire surface work best. When you stamp the last petal some of the image will be stamped on the post it note.



Once the flower was done I used the curved ribbon stamp from the Sew Sweet Cupcakes set to create the stem. The rest is history! I hope this project inspired you to think out of the box when it comes to stamping! Thanks for stopping by!

Ok, now that you're done reading this post, please stop by the Get Inky! Stamps blog and leave a comment on my post there. You may learn something new about me... (oh and please mention you're a follower of mine. Thanks!) Then come back here and leave me a comment letting me know you did it. Why, you ask? Because one random follower (who comments on both blogs) will get a mystery prize!



This post appeared first on the blog C'est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

La-Vie

9 comments:

  1. That is SO cute!! I never would have thought to use a bow like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I know huh? I hope I got your creative juices flowing?!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  2. Michele, I almost cried when I read your comment!! This is the highest compliment you could have ever paid me. Thank you, dearly. It was the reaction I was going for in spades! I hope you try this technique soon and share your pics with me.

    La-Vie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Who would have guessed you used bow and cupcake stamps to make this flower?! Now I want to pull all my stamps out and see what new lines and pieces I can see in them! I am also a follower on your new Get Inky Stamps blog design team page! If I lived closer, I'd be the first to sign up for any workshops you hold... You should definitely hold some demonstrations/workshops. I love learning new techniques!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angelica, thanks so much! Today is so emotional. I'm getting so much love from my crafty fans. All alone in my craft room I have my ideas on how I want to inspire others, but your positive reactions make it all worth it! It proves my message is getting through. I am glad you are looking and seeing your stamp collection in a new light. I have been thinking about holding workshops and was a little shy, second guessing myself. Your kind comment/suggestion has got me thinking about it again. I'm on top of the world today!!!!!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  4. What a fantastic use of stamps.. Love your card xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super Adorable! Happy to have found your blog today and look forward to following. Congrats on your new endeavors! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jennabelle!! I'm so happy you found me today and have decided to follow me. You've made my day!!

      La-Vie

      Delete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.