Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Dancing Queen



This is my daughter Zora from her last dance recital in 2010. She no longer dances (unless it's Zumba). I'm making my challenge debut on the All About A Girl challenge blog and DCWV Stack-a-holic (describes me to a T).

Let me tell you what!! This layout came together soooo quickly!! I always wanted to scrap like this but never got the courage to do it. I created this page with only the supplies in the DCWV Garden Party Stack. The only things added were the Thickers to spell my daughter's name and the twine in the tag and the banner. AMAZING!! I hope you like my challenge entry and will give it a try yourself. DCWV provided a sketch. Check out the link below to see it.

Supplies:

  • DCWV Garden Party Stack
  • Cricut Cartridge Shall We Dance - Dancing Queen and shadow cut at 2"
  • Thickers (American Crafts) - Rainboots glitter foam stickers
  • American Crafts - blue twine


Challenges:
DCWV May Stack-a-holic Template Challenge
All About A Girl May 1st Challenge


La-Vie



16 comments:

  1. I love the way the title came out La-Vie and can't believe how much Zora's looks have matured in just 3 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyne, it's amazing huh? They grow up fast. I am glad to hear you like the title. I felt it was a bit hard to read so I cut the shadow to help it along. Thanks!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  2. She is adorable & your LO is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us @ AAG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat! I really appreciate your compliments. You'll see more of me at AAG!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  3. she is adorable. Great job with the layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula! I'm glad you like my little Zora and the layout.

      La-Vie

      Delete
  4. She looks like true royalty...lovely pictures and very sweet layout! Thank you for participating at About A Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lainie! What a nice comment. Thank you. You'll see more of me (and Zora) at AAG!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  5. Great layout & I love the banner. Thanks for joining us at AAG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweety {and I LOVE her name!! Zora is awesome}. Thank you for introducing us to your DD at About A Girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I named my daughter after my favorite author Zora Neale Hurston whom I studied in college. You'll see a lot more of her on the challenges. She's 8 now and I have nothing scrapped. Mercy me...

      La-Vie

      Delete
  7. Beautiful page, love the photos! Thanks for joining us at AAG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I named my daughter after my favorite author Zora Neale Hurston whom I studied in college. You'll see a lot more of her on the challenges. She's 8 now and I have nothing scrapped. Mercy me...

      La-Vie

      Delete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.