Friday, May 10, 2013

Coloring with Pearl Pens and Glitter?? Denami Designs Make n Take


One of the coolest make 'n takes I had the pleasure of completing at the Heirloom show last month was lead by Denami Designs the stamp I used is called J146 Garden Bouquet.  It involved stamping and coloring with crystal lacquer pearl pens and glitter! The result? A 3D glitter glue look that doesn't flatten when it's dry. I love the look. Amazing....


Here's a side view to show the dimension. This is a technique I will definitely try. Denami sells it all... the stamps, ink, pearl pens, glitter and much more. After stamping the image, I used one color at a time to color in the parts of the stamp and sprinkle with matching colored glitter. I love the tiny precision tip on the crystal lacquer pearl pens. It really allows you to color with ease.

The representative mentioned that you could play with color by adding the pearl pen in one color and using another color of glitter to create a new color altogether. It's a must do! Note: it took a while to dry, similar to thickly applied glitter glue.


Have you ever tried this technique? Share your story...


La-Vie

6 comments:

  1. stunning technique, beautiful project hugs txx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fun! I'm afraid I would mix all the glitters when I sprinkled them over each color... Maybe I should let each color dry before adding the next color and glitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what Angelica?! No need to worry. That's why I love it. It's not a fussy craft. If you do one color of the pearl pen and then sprinkle with glitter before moving on to the next color of pearl pen, no dry time is needed in-between. The surface will not pick up any additional glitter. There is an overall dry time needed once you're all done though. My 8 year old daughter did all the make n takes with me and hers look the same (if not better than mine). Let me know if you try it!

      La-Vie

      Delete
  3. It makes me so happy to hear that you enjoyed the Make N Take at the Allentown show! I know that Nami (the owner/ designer) was at the show and she said she loved meeting all the people at the show. Thanks for sharing this on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Paulina!! I'm glad that we're both happy!! Nami is great! Love her work. Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment.

      La-Vie

      Delete

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.