Monday, May 6, 2013

Class Projects Local King Rubber Stamps


At the Heirloom Rubber Stamp and Paper Arts festival last month I took a class by Local King Rubber Stamps and participated in their make 'n take during the Friday night festivities. Here's what we made...


This card is made with the words 1 background stamp, layers of fun film stamped with the large waterlily stamp (matching die available) in Stazon ink.  Behind the fun film is some fibers called Angelina. Both the fun film and the Angelina must be ironed (separately with a real iron between parchment paper) to achieve this look. The Angelina flattens and fuses together.  The layers of fun film fuse together creating bubbles in-between.

In the picture below you can see if I move the card it has an iridescent look. The owner also taught us, if you don't have a large acrylic block to hold the background stamp, leave it on the plastic it comes on, ink it up and place it on the table. Put your cardstock on top and rub and push. Upside down stamping really worked well - creating a crisp, clean impression.



We also learned some of the fastest coloring techniques using ink and daubers. We were able to get that pro marker look in seconds. The blue jay stamp, matching die, timberline 1 and words 1 stamps were used in this project. The blue jay was already heat embossed for us (to save time) and before we cut it with the die we had to layer on the color.

It was quick, effortless and looks fabulous! I will make this a regular part of my repertoire - believe me! Then I learned how to make a template and cut perfectly with a die. Don't ya just LOVE when you learn something you've always wanted to that's so useful. I felt like a million bucks! I cannot tell you how many times I have colored an image to perfection just to cut it screwy with the matching die. no more... thanks to Local King!

To create the template, cut the solid die with scrap paper and trace around the die on the scrap paper you just cut. Using painters tape, tape the die to the template lining it up with the template opening and the tracing. It will open and shut like a door when done. When you are ready to cut your colored masterpiece put it behind the template in the opening with the die in place. You will be able to see where everything should be cut. Carefully put it in your die cutting machine of choice and cut. The template can be used over and over. store it with the die. Life changing crafty tip...


Using the same stamping, coloring and cutting techniques we created this stunning rose card. Local King offers the words 1 stamp, large rose stamp and matching die combo.



The last project for today was the one from the make 'n take night. I have to practice a bit more with this technique because I was only halfway pleased with the outcome. It was not all my fault I must say. The owner set up baskets with specific color schemes and coordinating stamps. By the time I got to use the supplies everything was mixed up and time was short. Otherwise I think my outcome would've been totally different. But C'est La-Vie.... LOL. I guess all is fair in crafting and war...

I chose to combine 2 backgrounds - Chinese symbol 1 and falling leaves 1. The idea was to use a light color and a dark color Marvy Brush markers to color the stamp creating an ombre look on glossy cardstock. It only works with rubber stamps (as opposed to clear). I achieved it with the leaves but with nothing else because the colors were too close in hue. If you look really closely you can see the words 1 background stamp in light ink behind the flower. Oh and the flower stamp is called Fuchsia and it has a matching die. I will perfect this look and repost in the future. It's my solemn vow!


I hope you're inspired to try some of these techniques! I'll share more make 'n takes next time. Stop by soon!

La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bring me SO much Joy! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and view my creations. If you love what you see, please share my posts and invite your friends to follow me as well! ~XXX La-Vie B.